Workshop: the body.
My alter ego has spent the last 20 years developing studio practice around idea of representing the human form. Drawing on the work of master photographers like Edward Weston and Irving Penn, my arts practice uses many different strategies to avoid the “male gaze”. and produce stunning images of the human form in all its guises. Full of empowerment and dignity, the work has been widely published and exhibited internationally and many prints are held in private collections.
This is a terrific opportunity to learn for my many years of experience, where I will not only teach you the technical approaches used, but also train your gaze, and help you realise your vision!
I run two “body” workshops, one for the male, one for the female nude. These photography workshops take place every two months or as demand dictates so do make sure you sign up for my occasional newsletter to keep informed of dates and events.
The photography masterclasses and workshops cater to a small group of 4 for an intensive learning experience. The studio is located in the centre of Brighton within 5 minutes walk of Brighton train station and easy access via bus routes. The studio is fully equipped with Godox lighting and the model fee is included in the cost of the workshop.
What you will learn!
- Use of studio lighting with all its modifiers.
- Different approaches to lighting, from the drama of chiaroscuro light, to a soft forgiving light.
- How to collaborate with a naked person to achieve tasteful, respectful, and dynamic poses and compositions for your photographs!
- Opportunity will also be given for an image review, and advice will be given on how to find models for your own projects, model releases and even the final printing of images.
- By the end of the day, you will leave the studio with a new found confidence, and be able to hire a studio of your own to produce your own photography!
Spaces are very limited—book yours using the form below!